Monday, December 7, 2015

Automobile Timeline

    1. The first thing I found interesting on the Automobile Timeline, was the electric starter.It was introduced in 1911 by Charles Kettering.I found this point interesting because in Canada, it would be difficult to start a car by using a hand crank especially during the winter months.
    2. The next thing I found interesting on the Automobile Timeline was not introduced until much later.I'm referring to first air conditioning system in an automobile.They introduced in 1939 which was done by the Nash Motor Company.I was surprised that an air conditioning system would be introduced much later in the timeline 
    3. Another thing I found interesting was the introduction of cruise control in 1950s .It was developed by Ralph Teeter.I found this interesting Ralph accomplished this feat while blind.He developed after hearing travel at uneven speed which he believed caused accidents.
    4. The last thing I found interesting on the automobile timeline was the introduction of the airbag in the 1970s. They first only available in the drivers side, but eventually they were available in the drivers side. I found this point interesting because I thought airbags would have been introduced earlier.                  

No comments:

Post a Comment