Friday, December 11, 2015

Part Two of Two - Tech for the Sake of Tech?


  • I do not find it surprising that people between the ages of 21 and 38 are uninterested with the amount of technology available in their cars because some of the technology options available are completely useless to their everyday lives. The apps might be interesting and show how far technology has come along, but when your driving to work they might not be as useful.Our generation however, might find these useful because where even more connected to digital technology than our predecessor generation and we also have a lot more time available than our predecessor generation as well.
  • I think the technologies that some drivers wished for in the articles like adaptive cruise control and blind spot warnings would be useful because it makes driving safer while still having the independence of driving. I believe these technologies will make driving safer and will not cause distractions because they will inform the driver about any issues they may encounter.
  • When buying a new vehicle my family a I do not look for any technology instead for other factors like P rice or Fuel Mileage. If the Car comes with the basic things then my family a I  are happy.
  • If I was purchasing a car I would like to have the feature that would be able to connect your cellphone with the stereo in the car. I would also like to have Bluetooth available so I do not have to use my cellphone while driving.
  • I think the most useless feature introduced in the timeline was the introduction of the 1992 Energy Act as it not provide any thing new to the consumer. The Energy Act encouraged car to run of other forms of fuel. It may have been great because car companies had to build cars that run on alternate fuels, but not providing new things that protect consumers and improves their driving experience.                   

No comments:

Post a Comment