Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Facebook Follies- Journal Entry 4

The documentary that we had watched the previous Friday was about Facebook security and other mishaps people have encountered in the virtual world and the real world. The documentary was called Facebook Follies and was made available by the Doc Zone a part of the CBC. I found the documentary informative in teaching about certain examples of security and personal information.For example, one politician from Vancouver,British Columbia who was running for the New Democratic Party of British Columbia had information on Facebook,that was deemed inappropriate for a public official and used by his opponent representing the Liberal Party of British Columbia.However these photos had been several years before he ran for political office.He eventually gave up running for political office.This is very alarming to someone like myself because I may one run for Political Office and I don't want embarrassing information from my past to shatter my political ambitions.One thing I found interesting from this documentary was Jim from Saskatchewan and how he was reunited with his biological fathers family via Facebook and learned more about the father he really knew much about.The stories the documentary presented,told that the online world has been a place of unification and destruction makes me want to learn more about this topic.                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment