Monday, October 19, 2015

Journal #1:Digital Security

1.One thing I found surprising was how complicated the process was. The process off creating a password and making yourself safe online was extremely difficult.The acronym SCREWBALL is a good example of how complex becoming a member of civilized internet is.That's what I found most surprising about online or digital security.
2.I found all the different parts very difficult and confusing to understand, but it is this way in order to discourage hackers and other online hazards.I struggled to understand the information provided.This unit may be important to others, but not to myself because I have great online security and rarely take risks.
3.I think my passwords are very secure and doubt  that my online privacy would be compromised.I make these conclusions because you would have to know a lot of information about me which is highly unlikely  that you would be able to glean any personal information to access to my online accounts.
4.The most important thing to remember when considering online security is that your personal finances are secure and that your private life is safe.If these things are compromised then you may lose things like your house, your car and other items because you will not have the money to make the  payments.If your privacy is violated then you may lose friends and family due to something posted online that you thought was secure, that was not,but in a majority of cases the most one will lose is their respect among peers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment